Friday, December 25, 2009

Can I try the Master Cleanse/ Lemonade diet while on medication?

Yeah so I'd like to detoxify, but I take a few medications daily. Can I do the Master Cleanse/ Lemonade diet anyway?Can I try the Master Cleanse/ Lemonade diet while on medication?
Because you used the word medication I am assuming that you are on doctor prescribed medication. To attempt a detox diet while on prescribed medication and still taking the medication is dangerous. Below are some quotes from the website listed in sources.


1) cannot suggest a cleanse to anyone, especially those who are on medications for their health or who have diagnosed conditions....Be careful and listen to your body. If you do go on a cleanse of any kind and you feel faint for an extended period of time, you should stop whatever it is that you are doing. You may feel a little sick, have a sore throat or feverish, but if you feel dizzy or nauseated, please be careful. You may not be fit enough to put your body through something like this.....Remember if you start feeling really badly, cease whatever it is you are doing -- and be sure to keep yourself hydrated! Nausea is just something I don't understand in a cleanse. If you start to vomit, obviously it's not good for you. Obviously, there is something wrong. I have never felt nauseated while on a cleanse and only had diarrhea because of the Senna leaf tea. I almost always had increased energy and was even able to exercise (an hour of advanced Tae Bo) daily.





This web site looks to me like a must read before trying any kind of cleanseCan I try the Master Cleanse/ Lemonade diet while on medication?
The best way would be to ask your doctor instead of people in yahoo! answer. I don't want to answer since I am not sure about your medication.
Are these medications prescribed by your doctor because you are sick? Why would you even go on a detox diet?





If you want to go on a detox diet, just add more acidic fruits to your daily eating. Add more oranges, limes, grapefruits etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment